As a manager recruiting someone, I bet you have asked
them “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” It is of
course a relevant question, but did you ever stop to ask why
it’s worth asking? And have those strengths actually been
put to good use in the workplace? This is a guide that will
help you as a manager or team leader to help your
employees and team to make the most of their strengths.
This guide will encourage people to create a strength-based culture in which
- employees are helped to identify their strengths
- you learn to create an atmosphere in which it is OK to try, make
mistakes and flourish
- psychological safety is created for the team
- you embrace your strengths daily by fostering an atmosphere of
freedom and courage
- you engage in strength discussions and follow up on employee
The strength surveys at the end suggest ideas on how employees can be helped to identify their strengths.